Training Class Rules
- No retractable leashes
- No choke collars, prong collars or head collars. Body harnesses are fine and if you feel you need other tools to control your dog please speak with us before registering for class.
- Classes use positive reinforcement so please bring treats your dog likes or a favorite toy. Choose something very yummy and different from their regular dog food. There are treats available for purchase in the store.
- The whole family is welcome to attend the classes.
- Dogs must be up to date on vaccinations. Proof of vaccination is required for all classes.
- These classes are not for dogs with serious aggressive/reactive issues or for re-socialization. If you have any concerns about your dog’s attendance please speak to us before registering as private training may be a better solution for you and your dog.
- Spaces are limited in each class, pre-registration is required and space is reserved once a $50 non-refundable payment is received. The remaining balance is due by the first class.
Puppy Preschool and Puppy Preschool PLUS (8 weeks – 16 weeks old)
Start your puppy off right with early training and socialization. This 6 week program is only for puppies 8-16 weeks old and you can join in anytime. You and your puppy will learn basic obedience, good manners and we will discuss how to prevent/solve common puppy problems like biting, destructive chewing and house training without the use of punishment or harsh training techniques… (Read more)
Taming the Teenager (16 weeks – 2 years old)
Has your little puppy become a little handful? Do they jump, pull on the leash and generally don’t listen well? Do they get way too excited about other dogs and/or people? Then this is the class for you… (Read more)
Foundation Obedience (6 months and older)
This course is a 6 week program designed to improve your dog’s overall manners and obedience and is for puppies/dogs over 16 weeks old. Have you tried some obedience training in the past or maybe this is your first time? Then this is the perfect place to start… (Read more)
“End of Your Leash” Walking Skills
Are you still struggling with loose leash walking even though you have done some training classes? Are you tired of being dragged around? (Read more)
Are you looking for a fun way to train with your dog? How about a great way to enrich them in a small space and in poor weather? Are you looking for something to do just for fun or are you interested in competing? (Read more)
Advanced Obedience – C.L.A.S.S. (Canine Life and Social Skills)
C.L.A.S.S. is a 6 week educational program designed to promote training focusing on the use of positive reinforcement and to strengthen relationships between humans and their canine companions. The mission of C.L.A.S.S. is to promote positive relationships through positive training methods. This approach both develops and safeguards harmonious relationships by maintaining trust and mutual respect… (Read more)